Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mamma Mia!

Yesterday, I went to watch Mamma Mia with my mom at the CCP. The show was fantastic! If only I could watch it again and again.

Years ago, I was also able to watch the movie version of this musical, and both of the versions did not disappoint me. Both are entertaining and would really make you dance your heart out. I still don't know what came first, if it's the movie or the Broadway version, but according to what I read, they both are adapted from a book.

What I love about the movie version is that it captures the beauty of the island. On the other hand, what I love about the theater version is it has scenes that were not in the movie, as well as some ABBA songs too. And to make the stage realistic, they made the backdrop look like the sea. Both the actors from the movie and the theater did a very amazing job on portraying their roles.

The show will run for a week more, I think, and it's a wrap. The CCP is still jampacked with a lot of watchers, both children and adult. You can hear people singing to the tunes, and if the song is very familiar to them (such as Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen), the audience will acknowledge it by clapping real loud or shouting. By the end of the show, those seated on the VIP area, stood up and danced. Us in the balcony area, did not stand, as we might fall forward. Hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment