Saturday, December 03, 2011

Dear Lord

The following entry was found among my files, unfinished, written eons ago. I wrote this during one of the stages in my life, and somehow, I think it still applies to me today. Hihi. Edited few sentences to have a closing on this letter.

Dear Lord,

I am accepting the fact that he's not the one for me when I thought he was. That the one for me is not around yet, or maybe there is no "the one" for me at all.

I won't be receiving flowers from a guy, there'll be no sweet nothings or songs dedicated for me. I'll still dream for that first dance with a special someone. No one will ask me out on Valentine's Day, birthdays or just for a simple movie and lunch/dinner date.

I accept that I don't need another person to make me feel complete, that I am complete as I am. I accept that I don't need another person to make me feel loved as You alone makes me feel loved already. I don't have to feel miserable that the person I really like doesn't feel the same way as I do and he likes someone else.

In time, in God's right time, a guy will show up, knock me off my feet, give me flowers, write me letters and will love me for who I am, unconditionally. And when that time comes, I know I will be thinking that I must have been worth the wait and God decided to give me someone who will be there for me when I forget to run to Him or when I feel that God doesn't love me anymore. That this person will remind me that I am not alone, that someone loves me, like God does. =)


Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment