Maybe... we were supposed to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one so that, when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.
Maybe... it is true that we don't know what we have until we lose it, but it is also true that we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives.
Maybe... the brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; after all, you can't go on successfully in life until you let go of your past mistakes, failures and heartaches.
Maybe... you should hope for enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy.
Maybe... the happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
Maybe... the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
Maybe... happiness waits for all those who cry, all those who hurt, all those who have searched, and all those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the importance of all the people who have touched their lives.
Maybe... you should do something nice for someone every single day, even if it is simply to leave them alone.
Maybe... there are moments in life when you miss someone -- a parent, a spouse, a friend, a child -- so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real, so that once they are around you appreciate them more.
Maybe... giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart; but, if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours.
Maybe... you should dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you dream of, and want to do.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
1. KitchenAid Mixer. I'll be forever grateful to you if you buy me this one because this is very expensive. :D Oh, I'll also accept if this is color violet. Remember: Only orange and violet colored mixer will be accepted!
2. Wall Oven. Time to upgrade our oven? I guess so. Haha. But I need a new house to be able to fulfill this wall oven. Maybe when I get my own house. But you may also give me one now. :D
3. Car. My driver's license will expire on my birthday this coming new year, and I haven't held on the wheel for the whole year this year. No particular brand, color could be blue? Or silver? Or black?
4. iPad or iTouch. Something for me to kill time away from the desktop and when I get bored with books, cross stitches and origamis or paper stars.
5. Boyfriend. Haha. I've been single for God knows how long when. Maybe once in a while I'm in the position where I need the comfort of being in love with someone you know holds your heart.
6. Books. I want to read more books!
7. Faithful Friends. Sometimes, I feel that some of my friends are not true enough to stay, that when they found new people, they just go *poof*. And when you're in need, even just for a company, no one is there for you. Not that I hate being alone, but sometimes, being alone makes me a lot sadder than it comforts me.
8. Handwritten Letters. I miss the excitement when you receive an envelope with a handwritten letter in it. Love letter will also do. Hahaha
Some are wishful thinking, some are real. You choose. Happy holidays, guys! Pardon me for not being able to post a lot lately. =)
Posted by bridgetco at 2:12 AM
Friday, December 09, 2011
Saw this poem for Berso sa Metro this morning at the LRT on the way to school.
Panuntunan ng Laro Para sa mga Lalaking Iibig sa mga Babaeng-babae
by Gioconda Belli
Ang lalaking iibig sa aki'y
dapat marunong humaplos sa kurtina ng balat,
makita ang karaniwan kong mata,
at makikilala yaong namumugad sa akin,
ang transparenteng maya ng paglalambing.
Ang lalaking iibig sa aki'y
di ako iibigin bilang isang kalakal
o kaya'y ipagyayabang na parang tropeo,
mananatili sa aking piling
taglay ang pag-ibig kong
nadarama kapag siya'y kapiling.
Posted by bridgetco at 9:10 PM
Saturday, December 03, 2011
The following entry was found among my files, unfinished, written eons ago. I wrote this during one of the stages in my life, and somehow, I think it still applies to me today. Hihi. Edited few sentences to have a closing on this letter.
I am accepting the fact that he's not the one for me when I thought he was. That the one for me is not around yet, or maybe there is no "the one" for me at all.
I won't be receiving flowers from a guy, there'll be no sweet nothings or songs dedicated for me. I'll still dream for that first dance with a special someone. No one will ask me out on Valentine's Day, birthdays or just for a simple movie and lunch/dinner date.
I accept that I don't need another person to make me feel complete, that I am complete as I am. I accept that I don't need another person to make me feel loved as You alone makes me feel loved already. I don't have to feel miserable that the person I really like doesn't feel the same way as I do and he likes someone else.
In time, in God's right time, a guy will show up, knock me off my feet, give me flowers, write me letters and will love me for who I am, unconditionally. And when that time comes, I know I will be thinking that I must have been worth the wait and God decided to give me someone who will be there for me when I forget to run to Him or when I feel that God doesn't love me anymore. That this person will remind me that I am not alone, that someone loves me, like God does. =)
Posted by bridgetco at 9:27 PM