Friday, March 11, 2011

Silence


“I wished I were there with someone who could bring peace to my heart- someone with whom I could spend a little time without being afraid that I would lose him the next day. With that reassurance, the time would pass more slowly. We could be silent for a while because we’d know we had the rest of our lives together for conversation. I wouldn’t have to worry about serious matters, about difficult decisions and hard words.”
    Paulo Coelho (By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept)

Have you experienced enjoying a conversation with someone and you both suddenly fell silent? Not that you don’t have anything to say, but just want to be silent. The silence isn’t the awkward kind of silence, the one that you are forced to think of something to say just to keep the conversation going; the silence is more of the comfortable kind, just knowing that the other person’s beside you or just on the other side of the line.

I recently felt that comfortable silence and it reminded me of the quote from a novel of Paulo Coelho. It’s so comfortable that while in that situation it made me smile. It’s so comforting that I somehow wish I can actually experience the quote in real life.

Anyway, after few days since I experienced that comfortable silence, it still makes me smile whenever I think of it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment